View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 11:54 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

Here are the ways to experience severe heartbreak due to presence of trauma from a longstanding, ongoing (day-to-day) absence of love:
2) trauma due to either long-term or intermittent physical involvement (sex) without deeper emotional involvement
3) trauma due to the long-term, daily aspect of trauma and/or degree of emotional involvement lacking...often involving children and households, as well.

I made a huge mistake in a relationship because I felt emotionally and physically starved. For the longest time, I felt like I deserved it too. I was so used to be told I wasn't enough, or not doing things to their standards...everything that went wrong according to them was my fault. But in actuality, they were numb emotionally, and moved on long before they ended the relationship. I felt used by the one person I loved the most. It makes a lot of sense as to why I made the mistake I did...I needed to feel love and appreciation from someone that saw me.

I realize that a lot of what it came down to was lack of self-love. I didn't feel like I could love myself if they didn't, because at the time, my world revolved around them. In retrospect, they didn't love themselves enough either.

Thank you for your insight.