View Single Post
Old 25-06-2018, 08:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you both of you for your wonderful replies, they were very helpful.

Believe it or not I have been a skeptic most of my life. Studied psychology therefore thought I understood all about how our brain fills in gaps, notices things we have become consciously aware of, etc... i became arrogant lol. But these signs were honestly not things that could happen. Like for instance if I hear his name in public, i am aware it is a common enough name and it is very likely that I would hear it out and about now that I am tuned into it. Instead they were sort of things like having a dream of something, and then seeijg that thing from my dream the next day associated with the most random connection i had made with him in my head. As a joint image. Not two separate things. Hard to explain. But yeah just things that should be statistically improbable, yet seemed to be happening too frequently to be labelled rare any longer.

My relationship doesnt seem to offer me much anymore. We dont have deep convos. We dont have the same wants out of life anymore. I love him so much but I no longer feel physically or emotionally connected with him. When we go through a tough time, we fight because he becomes snappy and frustrated at the smallest inconvenience. When hes angry he will call me names - which from the start i told him was something thataffects me more than i could say and would eventually lead me yo resenting him. Its not often. But when it happens, it cuts deep. Then i turn cold. And then we go back to pretending nothing happened the next day after he apologises. We just dont seem to have the correct strategies for dealing with conflict together.