View Single Post
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Master
The idea of twin flames is mentioned in mythology yes, but it's also mentioned elsewhere. In sufism, I believe a twin soul is referred to as a sister soul. I'm sure I've come across the concept elsewhere as well but I can't recall any specifics at this time.

I disagree with the idea that it's only western women who talk about twin flames - that's quite a generalization. There are western men who talk about them as well and if you don't mind me asking... how many eastern women do you come in contact with to ask what they think of the idea? Do you know for certain what Mongolian women think of it or people in remote parts of India or Indonesia?

As for what I believe, I'm not sure. I know what I don't believe - I don't believe a twinflame is a soul that has been split in two and must reunite. I don't believe that feeling obsessed with someone means they're your twin. I don't believe that just because someone doesn't feel the same about you means they're a runner. I don't believe a twinflame relationship has to cause anguish and pain (although quite often it does). Acceptance of a situation can make it much easier to bear and realization of self and that none of us are really truly separate provides peace.

In the end I guess I just believe in the love part and the rest of it doesn't really matter in the end.

I voted "other"