View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 10:22 PM
Guide
I believe that Good & Evil are just modes through which we express ourselves. First of all, we are Human after all. I mean to say that we are not perfect and we all have our vices. Though I believe that actions that can be considered "Evil" can be used by all around "Good" People. What I mean really is that, for example, in a "Good" or Virtuous Society, Murderers should not be tolerated. And I believe that locking them up and keeping them alive is a problem, because I believe that they continue to, (while alive), have an impact on the Collective (Un)Consciousness of Humanity. So I believe Evil must at times be fought with what might be considered an Evil as well: The Death Sentence.

That's just one example. And in itself it's an argument for Capital Punishment. But what I'm saying is beyond that debate. I'm simply making the case for a balance, a balance for Good & Evil. You really can't have one without the other.

I see the balance like this: Holding one of your hands in a fist and the other hand grasping that fist. Sometimes you've got to use that fist, ("Evil"). And the other times you've got to use that palm, ("Good"). The two hands together make a balance.

I'm making the case for that you can use Evil for the Greater Good, if you know how to properly apply the Balance of both Good & Evil.