View Single Post
Old 13-07-2019, 05:16 PM
Legrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
What brought you to the spiritual path? Was it an experience? A book? An inborn longing? Where you called, as they say? Share your story. We're all unique and so is our path - even if the ultimate destination is the same.

Hi Uma,

Young, I got the chance to pass all my days in Nature, when I was not at school, near a lake surrounded by mountains in the forest. I did not know anything about the word spirituality and my parents did not talk about it even if, I found out latter, they where highly spiritual beings. Nature was my source of spirituality.

I also had a gift for sciences - maths, chemistry and physics mostly. In primary school, I had already finished the six grade program in maths while being in third grade. They did not know what to do with me at school. So of course they made me jump a few years of school. At 14, I already understood the special and general relativity of Einstein and quantum physics. My physic teacher would simply write the beginning of a formula on the board and ask the class who would come and develop it. I would get up and finish the course while the teacher was sitting at my place. Strangely enough my knowledge in science did not come from studying books. I already knew about it. And my dreams where all about flying in between galaxies and atoms. Still did not know the word spirituality existed. But my relation to the universe was already very spiritual using the concepts of sciences.

At 16 my father gave me a book in French called "Trésor des humble", Treasury of the humble, by Maurice Maeterlinck a Belgium Mystic. It really changed my perception of life from then. I did not know before that that others had developed a langage for describing what I was experiencing in the Universe. I would not say that my spiritual path started from that point. It had already started. Just that I found out that there has been and is others on that path since the beginning of time and that it's possible to share about it to a certain extent.

In all humility.