View Single Post
Old 04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Deactivated Account
What is going on here?

Can anyone help me out here? Is this just a string of random co-incidences or am I affecting my appliances in some way?

In October my 5 month old laptop randomly crashed and I lost everything on it. I've since had it repaired but obviously without all my personal stuff on it.

Prior to this I've had ongoing issues with bank fraud which I suspect was linked to using unsecured wireless without realising

Shortly after the laptop fiasco my dvd remote control stopped working and it wasn't the batteries. I brought a universal remote but this didn't work either; it turned out there was something going on with the connection between dvd player and remote. I couldn't solve it so I had to buy a new dvd player.

Now the latest thing is my TV remote will no longer connect with the tv! The TV goes onto standby when it's turned on at the socket so it's clearly working on some level, but for some reason it won't respond to the remote (I changed batteries) and the set itself won't respond to any buttoms.

I'm really confused about this because I've had my TV set for about 3 years and my old dvd player for slightly longer, and have never had any issues. Is there some sort of other worldly issue going on or am I just unlucky?