View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
coolchic101

Quote:
Originally Posted by alamode
I think I wouldn't want to linger around waiting for my funeral. I'd head to the light ASAP, lol. I'm one that really doesn't care about my physical body after I die. I won't want anyone to spend money on a funeral or anything. I want someone to just dispose of my body in a way that doesn't cost any money and I don't want a funeral. Am I wierd? lol.

I don't think it is weird that you would feel that way. I'm not sure if you've heard a psychic named Sylvia Browne but she has often mentioned in her books, readings, and in interviews that when she dies, she told her family to just "throw her body over the fence" LOL! Since she wouldn't need her physical body anymore, she is less concerned what her loved ones do with it.

As for me, I'm more concerned of what my mother would do to my body if she would respect my wishes or not. Her beliefs is she is very religious and I am spiritual (no religion). I do not want my body "wasted" because I am an organ donor and I want to donate my body to science. I do not want a funeral and I don't want to be buried because I believe that my physical body, although I would no longer need it, can be served as a purpose to help others heal and to find a cure for illnesses/disease. But my mother is determined to have a PRIEST there upon my death and a funeral, and she wants me buried because that's what "catholics" believe in. I think I'm like the majority of folks who would want to linger around just to be sure.