View Single Post
Old 15-06-2017, 02:41 AM
Experiencer

Sure...! I had a near death experience due to a heart attack. I don't "think" so. I know so. That's what I knew/learned during the experience, and I retained that knowledge, so it's on a personal level and not meant as a tool to "school" others. Those that don't accept it...that's fine with me. But, through research I've learned it's also a common observation of many others who've had NDEs, and some OBEs. I'm no exception, no one special.
Anyway, if "love" engulfs everything "up there", it means that "love" isn't what we're here for, doesn't it?
I really don't know why we're here...haven't a clue. But, we are here. I didn't want to come back to this, but I had no choice. I do suspect that unconditional love is what "drives" this existence (99.999999 percent of an atom is "nothing"...but is it really "nothing"??), the ego is a factor not found "up there" but exists here for some reason. I don't know what that reason is, other than the ego is formed from what our physical mind perceives of it's world and how to survive in it and learn about it.

During my NDE there was absolutely no question of the reality of what I was experiencing, no question as to the validity of unconditional love and it's importance, no question of my intense perception of being (which I've not experienced since).

I'm not sure if OBEs are the same experience as NDEs. From what I've learned of them, they certainly seem very similar. I'm not interested in having an OBE. I'm 68 and I think (hope) my days are numbered down to just a few years.

If you harvest positive things from OBEs, I think it's wise to continue them. Feel free to share more about OBEs if you wish...!