View Single Post
Old 25-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
Well, it started now two weeks ago when I chose to meditate each night before sleep.Meditation was not something new for me, I used to meditate from time to time but very rarely, now, I meditate each night before sleep.

Last night I started to meditate around 1, I think it lasted around 30 minutes, I fell asleep while I was meditating, anyway, I woke up again around 4-5 in the morning, same feeling of having tons of energy and a very clear mind.

Yes, it gives you an amazing awareness, I started to feel the benefits, but now, I am at a "level" where I have to face many distractions to reach a very deep state.When I started these two weeks it was easy but then things got harder, now I face a voice that does not want to stop from talking, I face a rushing feeling of energy ( it may be some form of adrenaline ) and also I can't keep myself awake, but I am not going to give up.Maybe of all of this happens because when I start to meditate I tell myself that now I am going to meet God :) I know that if you meditate with a goal in mind you can't reach a very deep state because that goal keeps you stuck into this reality, I tried so many in past and I had no success..

Interesting! So it was easier when you started and but now encounter this "voice" that you speak of? Indeed, when you have a goal in mind, it seems to kill it. For me, I've been in a stage in life that everything HAS to be goal driven and rushed, and this seems to translate into my meditation endeavors.

Only if I'm really lucky, I somehow get into the zone. Paradoxically, it is when I actually ingrain in my head that the results of meditation is all luck, and I have no control over it, that I have managed to get into meditation at all.