View Single Post
Old 27-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Naddread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GweneveirPriestess
To Naddread: Oh wow, that's so interesting! I am incredibly happy about the variety here! ;w; If you don't mind me asking, for how long have you been Heathen? And also, how would you describe a Heathen? Or the religion/belief/craft, per se?

I could say I was born Heathen because I take a somewhat Folkish understanding of Heathenry. Meaning that because of my ancestry I consider myself Heathen by blood. As far as a conscious decision to take it on as a daily practice? Only relatively recently. One and half years or so. I was raised Lutheran Christian but then as an adult I stepped away from that and started researching Ancient Egypt, the Occult, American Indian Spirituality etc. etc. Eventually finding my way home to Heathenry.

I would describe a Heathen as one who practices the reconstructed spirituality of pre-Christian Europe. In particular, but not exclusively, Northern Europe i.e. the Germanic/Teutonic peoples. What that involves exactly is difficult to explain in a few words. Especially when every Heathen will inevitably have a different opinion on the matter. But that is the beauty of it.

~Naddread~