View Single Post
Old 22-02-2021, 10:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have a perspective form inside the muscle universe, so call it an educated perspective. I don't have biased views on meat or veganism. I know what nutrient profile is optimal for muscle accrual and/or athletic performance, and those nutrients can be obtained by vegans easily enough, albeit somewhat more difficult.

I have simply outlined the reasons to suspect old mate might not be being truthful about drug use, and they are very good reasons. If I had to bet on it, I'd bet he's gone on a few stacks in his time - but I might be wrong - I could lose that bet. However, if I bet against every athlete with that sort of physique (and competes in untested bodybuilding shows) who makes those claims, I'd win 99% of the time. Hence the conclusion that he is not being honest, or he's a freakish genetic outlier, or both. Besides, even if he isn't telling the truth about his drug use, I wouldn't call him a liar.

Except you have by inference. Not cool. And I think it's kind of unfair to assume automatically because of your preconceived notions that when someone says XYZ, they must be lying because it doesn't fit your experience. For one thing, it certainly fosters a considerable degree of cynicism or would if we all operated like that. I tend to accept a person's word until there is proof otherwise.
We have enslaved the rest of the animal creation, and have treated our distant cousins in fur and feathers so badly that beyond doubt, if they were able to formulate a religion, they would depict the Devil in human form.
William Ralph Inge (1860-1954)