View Single Post
Old 09-05-2020, 06:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55Degrees
RWS art is out of copyright in some countries, not all. USG own the copyright in the U.S and U.K.
The websites that will print cards on the artwork you send them (ideal for self publishing) could also be acting illegally if they reproduced another artists work without consent.
Tarot creators in certain FB groups with are very vocal about their work being stolen and do take legal action, so please be careful when the temptation of a cheap deck beckons.

I am aware of what you wrote.

From what I understand, USG made sutle changes to the Rider Waite Deck and then copyrighted the deck.

One person I know of who has made several decks and sells them internationally has been using some of my Trade Names (not Trade Marks) without my permission.

I looked in to it and was amazed at how cleverly she had been running her business. At one time, she had a lawyer as a boyfriend. He helped her sit things up. According to State law, in order to be incorporated she had to give a physical business address. P.O. boxes, etc. are not allowed. The reason for this is that if a business has to be served, they get served at their physical business. What she did was take out a mailbox at a UPS store and claimed the physical address of her business was Suite [P.O. Box number].

I brought it to the attention of the proper authorities at the State....... and they did absolutely nothing. This was over 5 years ago and she still is using my Trade Names without my permission. Oh well, .........

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜