View Single Post
Old 16-05-2017, 09:18 AM
Guide

It's been a while since you posted so just wondering how you're getting on and if you found a solution to your dilemma? From what I've read on vegan and vegetarian forums (not this one) I've noticed an underlying assumption in many cases that one has to be vegan no matter what. I don't agree. Sometimes it just isn't practical to eat a certain way and in that situation all anyone can do is their best.

You're clearly young and it's important that you eat enough to build you up for later life. Obviously a vegan diet in itself is nourishment enough, but if you're allergic to beans and lentils it would be really hard for someone in your situation who can't cook for him/herself to get enough nutrition. Your health has to come first in these circumstances. A child living at home with parents who refuse to feed a vegan diet would result in the child having no choice or else starve, and it sounds to me like your circumstances aren't too dissimilar.

It's sad but once you leave school/home and make your own decisions you'll be able to eat whatever you want, at least allergy allowing. In the meantime consider your health and do your best.