View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 09:09 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
I would like to know more about the career change, because I have been questioning myself about my relationship with my job for at least two years. I have no more inner strength to do this anymore, but I kind of push myself, one day at a time, to continue this "game" thinking that perhaps I am just stressed or unhappy with work, and that it will pass, but it doesn't, and I am not sure if I am just trying to escape reality or what.

I don't like or hate my job. Just neutral.

I have asked myself, if I quit, then what do I want to do? My answer has always been "nothing."

If you're having to use your inner strength to push yourself to do a job then that speaks volumes, IMO. Yes, majority of us have to work, but that doesn't mean we have to be miserable and use precious energy in forcing ourselves to do something we don't enjoy. A lot preach ''I have to pay the bills, you know'' - sure, of course, but does that mean you have to do something that is soul destroying? Not at all. Most are locked in a belief system of doing something - anything - to earn.

It happens a lot when you're evolving; it's very common indeed. You fall out of alignment with what you once liked -or rather - you're aware you probably settled for a role doing something you actually don't really get enjoyment out of. Happened to me. The more I was growing, the more it became very obvious that it was time for a change in direction.