View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
There's many reasons why people gravitate towards spiritually, as a way to cope, self elentment, or just a way to feel good about the choices they have made ect... What's your reason? What are your spiritual goals and why? I know them are some tough questions to be completely honest to because of fear of being"judged" but really think about it and post what you feel.lets open a deep non judgemental topic.

The initial reason was the realization I was screwed up in the head with fears and conditioned baggage. I wasn't afraid of a few things, I was afraid of everything. The turning point in my early twenties was opening my reality through a myriad of self empowerment/spiritual books as well as setting out on a conscious healing path for the next twenty five years, through many paths/healing modalities, that I can now use for my own work. I wanted to heal myself from being consumed by fears as deep as I could go, I always knew I would reach a point of ending my war on fear and terror, so I kept on seeking, kept on delving deeper to open up everything in myself contained. For me it was never something I did in half measures, I walked through it all. When I became aware, letting go of emotional baggage and retraining my mind to believe in myself differently, I also became aware of how I felt differently, so that spurred me on to keep on going and delve deeper. Once I gained an awareness of fear at the core in myself, had let go of its hold both through the layers and at the core, I then discovered how the new me could be and experience herself. Now I am content I have found myself beyond my fearful conditioned child/adult I became. I remember in my spiritual awakening and dark night of the soul, in my early forties, realizing the seeking becomes very simple in the end. I just wanted to be myself. So the self seeking a self that wanted to feel itself found itself.

Most often I find myself now enjoying being myself, sharing and creating more freely aware I feel at home in myself. The experiences and exploration is now to take care and enjoy myself as myself.

Home is where I now feel, more fully aligned to my whole self without fear or conditioned factors taking over. I had to learn to love all of myself. Being so deeply embedded in fear and learning to overcome it through many streams of myself, takes you deep into yourself in everyway possible to overcome them. The whole body becomes a playground of fear so unravelling it aware, it rears itself in subtle and sometimes hidden ways, takes a conscious practice and self reflection.

So for me the spiritual journey was about finding myself, coming face to face to myself and then feeling content and happy with what I have found.

In being more free now to be myself, I don't seek out things as a spiritual practice or separation to my whole life. I see it as life and something I can tap into more freely as a tool to support myself or others as each day happens. Because I am aware of myself more clear, it has opened my eyes to the world more clear, I still undergo shifts and openings, but they are part of my life now. I don't have to seek them out as I once did. I just move and be where I want to be. Follow my heart and listen to life and what my heart wants to be doing and sharing as I feel and can be..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder