View Single Post
Old 26-08-2019, 01:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephineBloggs
Yes, I get that. So what's your theory on why the soul does this? Is there pressure put on the soul to progress? If the soul isn't content just being, why isn't it content? If the soul wants to sit about on a cloud if it fancies it, can it? Because there's no sense of time, so boredom won't set in.

Sounds more stressful than life on this plane. Just a few of my ponderings, there's more

My theory is based on Theosophy/Alice Bailey. In brief simple terms, the human being is a triplicity of Monad (Spirit/Being), Soul (consciousness) and personality. The Soul has countless incarnations in different personalities to reach the point where consciousness changes its outward focus to an inward focus, the purpose being to identify with its source, the Monad.

Instead of an external pressure to incarnate, I consider that incarnation is driven by an inner impulse for the Soul to return to its source. Sitting around on a cloud does not achieve this. Choosing not to incarnate does not achieve this.

Some people fondly imagine that at the end of this lifetime they can choose where to go next on some higher plane of consciousness or even some other planet. To use a simple comparison, this seems like a teenager dropping out of high school because they don't like it but expecting to go on to college. We move on when we have graduated. Until then, we have more learning to do.

Peace.