Thread: Toll of Labor
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by zabrianne
So is labor something we have to live with for the rest of our lives?
more specifically, having a job
I always hear people saying "do what you love to do"
but not everyone has the privlege or opportunity to do that
I have really strong emotions when I come to think about my life and the time Im going to be putting into working 8-10 hours a day, 2000+ hours a year...I have feelings as though I will never amount to anything. feelings about where my time is going and how Im spending it
especially on a spiritual journey how could one experience life working for the self feeding machine we been creating for the past 100 years almost(the system)
is there anything that can help me feel better about this?
thank you

Two Bible verses come to mind, (paraphrased) “Seek ye the Kingdom of Heaven first and all else will be given,” and “the Kingdom of Heaven is within you.”

I never planned for retirement, never saved, had no investments, etc., but was able to retire comfortably before I turned 60-years old. Your curiosity may ask how I did it, and I would reply, by following the two Bible verses which I have quoted above.

You don’t need to know the details, because trying to copy what someone else has done in regards to this will most probably not work for you. It is not my journey that you need to follow rather it is your own journey, which began the day you were born as mine did the day I was born. It is how you think and act over time that will determine the outcome.

Constantly bathe in the presence of pure spirit; that quiet presence that you feel in meditation, with no expectations, and in time things will effortlessly come together for you without any toil on your part. Yes, you will get your rent paid, be able to buy food, etc. I am taken care of by something much greater than my own thoughts, greater than my own mind. An I feel blessed in that regard. But in my opinion, we all have the potential of this same blessing.

Don’t do it for money, do it for love, do it to grow into your own over-self. There is a saying from the Hebrew Kabbalah, “I draw all things needful, both spiritual and material, from the limitless source of life.” We were not put on this Earth to toil at some job; we were put on this earth to make manifest the Kingdom of Heaven that is within us.

Jobs and money are man’s creation; they are monuments to the human ego. Status symbols that for the most part keep people trapped in class warfare. Most people do not get any satisfaction from their job, and they work just to put food on the table and pay rent, etc. An the world of consumerism further keeps us on the treadmill. There is another life, totally removed from thoughts, removed from worry and concern, a life where you trust the life inside of you to take care of you.