View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 04:15 AM
Knower

I admit it; get a little twinge of envy whenever someone close to me dies. They get to go home! But I don't have any strong desire to follow them. In fact, looking at the long lifespans of so many relatives, I suspect I'm going to be here for a long time to come, so I might as well enjoy it.

I've long since made peace with being here, and enjoy this place, so I'm fine with playing out this round of the game. Sure, unpleasant stuff happens, but I just see it as a chance to raise my "power level" by choosing to respond to it from the perspective of an immortal soul that understands it's all a game, rather than from my temporary ego-self avatar. I have work of various kinds that I feel called to do, and I'm doing it, and I'm happier than I've ever been.

I got off to a difficult start in this life, and until I hit about 40 I had some pretty extreme ups and downs. But once I learned to stop being so afraid all the time, caught up in meatsuit-ego issues, and start following my soul's desires instead, living here became immensely easier.

I'm not afraid of dying, and do see it as an option should I ever calmly decide I've had enough, my work is done, and it's time to go. But short of a terminal illness, or debility in extreme old age, I can't think of anything that would lead me to exercise that option.