View Single Post
Old 11-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Roo

saved by an angel?

hmmm...once when I was a small child (about 4 or 5), I was hiding in a closet from my father who was on a rampage...not sure about all the details, but it was a very small space, and he should have seen me...but he didn't. I was told later on that "they" kept me hidden.
A few years ago, I was with my bf at the time, driving from my parent's house to his parents' on Christmas Eve. The car started billowing out white smoke, but my idiot ex just kept driving, until a man pulled along side us at a stop sign, and told us we'd better stop. We pulled into a parking lot, where the guy offered us a ride. Neither of us had a cell phone at the time and we were in the middle of nowhere, so we accepted. The guy drove us to our destination, regaling my ex-bf with stories of all these bands he'd met...never did figure out if he was real, but I consider him an "earth-angel" at least.

And last one...a few years ago, me and my sweetie got into an accident driving to a friend's wedding. It was raining cats and dogs, and visibility was terrible. We get almost to our exit and out of the spray, we see a long line of red taillights...my bf (who was driving) hits the brakes (forgetting they weren't anti-lock), and we start skidding. Off the brakes, regain a little control...apply brakes again, start skidding again...off brakes, regain control...see an opening and steer for it...out of nowhere, this 18-wheeler comes up and slams into the drivers side, pushing us into a BMW and a box truck. Apparently, someone was looking out for us that day, because the car was totalled, and I walked away without a scratch, and my bf only got a small piece of glass in his finger! The thing about that accident was that I knew we were gonna crash into something, so I imagined a ball of white light around the car...and looking at the car later, my door was the only one (out of 4) that didn't get hit by anything. Coincidence?