View Single Post
Old 14-10-2006, 04:39 AM
rose

hi honza

i've drifted from their later works. the music just hasn't grown and moved on. they are like retirement albums in a way. but some songs stand out. i think vertigo is a great song...so is city of blinding lights. the live version is better and more powerful though. bono really seems to feel the words he's singing there.

maybe i haven't given it the listen i should have. it does seem so much more of a reflective album. i guess because the music didn't grab me, i didn't really absorb the songs and their lyrics much. i will give it a better chance and listen to it more.

all that you can't leave behind was another album that didn't grab me except beautiful day and new york (whoah what a song). my favourite U2 albums are achtung baby and zooropa. i loved the concepts behind those albums. and i have rediscovered their first albums because of bono's almost naked longing to understand. and i can identify with that more now than when i was younger.

oh and i have always adored the unforgettable fire album.

some of the lyrics in their later songs are wiser and special in that way...but other songs feel forced sort of.

oops...sorry, went on a bit. what do you think of them today? what are your favourite albums?

Last edited by rose : 14-10-2006 at 04:42 AM.