View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 05:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayde
Hi everyone. I've been meditating for over a couple years now and have just begun to take my qigong practice a little more seriously. I currently practice Terry Dunn's Flying Phoenix Celestial standing meditations and a few other exercises I've learned from books. I try to keep my mind on my movements and my dan tian when instructed to, but sometimes my mind wanders and I bring it back into focus when I can.

My question to everyone is, how can I feel chi? How long will it take? I practice not only for health, but enlightenment and the ability to heal others as well. It gets a little discouraging sometimes yet I continue to practice. I even have a friend who at one point denied the existence of chi until he felt it while rubbing his hands together one day at work! And he doesn't even practice any kind of energy work. Why is it effortless for some, but not for others?

Thank you for reading and I await your responses

I think it's about feeling the body relax, and after practice the mind developes good concentration and also sharp perceptive ability, and when the solid hard sensations of the physical body begin to disolve into tingles and subtle vibrations, then the flow can be felt a bit more easily.