View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 12:58 PM
Greenslade

Summerland,
I believe that much of what is said in this thread is belief. Until such time as someone discovers Atlantis it can't be much else.

From what I can gather - and these are only my own thoughts - Alantis did exist. I've spoken to too many people with too clear memories, and when they describe scenes and people in your head before you even mention them there has to be something in it after all. Either that or there's a collective basket-case scenario going on lol.

After Atlantis was destroyed, I believe the survivors scattered across the globe from what is called Atlantis, or integrated into the local culture if the were in an 'outpost'. There were Golden Ones/Shining Ones in Atlantis, and if you look at different cultures' myths you'll find mention of them.

There is an interpretation called Alternative Genesis - easily Googled - that puts a different slant on the one in the Bible. It's actually not so hard to see connections with Alternative Genesis and Sumerian creation myths. Until such time as an archaeologist discovers something tangible all of this will just be imaginings and questions, but I can see the possibilities.

I found an interesting website here - http://www.atlantisbolivia.org/boliv...connection.htm
Does that mean the Sumerians sailed to Bolivia? No doubt archaeology would say not, so how does the two cultures connect? Is this further evidence of Atlantean influence? The Sumerians say the Nefilim came from the heavens and created them, are the Atlanteans and the Nefilim the same people? The images on the website are of humanoid bodies with animal heads that depict their gods, something the Sumerians, the Egyptians and the Bolivians have in common. That to me suggests a common influence, that the same people influenced all three cultures somewhere along the line. Are we seeing evidence of Atlantean culture coming through here?