View Single Post
Old 13-11-2017, 09:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I sincerely don't want to rain on your parade but the way you've described initially meeting and interacting with the guy does seem a bit of a scorpion dance.
You found him attractive?
You met him and found you liked his ways?
Then instead of seeing if you support each other through rough times you thought it better not to carry on?
You were worried he didn't have the same intensity of feeling as yourself?

What was wrong with agreeing to keep in touch, be friends, talk things through?

Fears about a potential future with him? It does seem that he so preoccupies you that you're driving yourself negative and that will attract a negative result. So you need to affirm positive along the lines that if he contacts you again, you be cheerful and suggest meeting as friends, maybe something neutral like go out somewhere - the cinema where you're together in body but not having to worry about emotional chat. Affirm that you can be calm and approach this with no particular expectations.

It could take time and patience. A txt soon about how's he getting on? What's he doing these days?

But I think you also have to face the possibility that as it didn't seem to hit off on the right foot he may just have wandered off. Better to face the prospect now than do yourself emotional damage by dwelling on, what? a lost opportunity?

A difficult balancing act so maybe best to affirm positively that things are going to go better for you in the coming seasons, and if he does come into your life just go for friendship with no expectations at first. Smile a lot. See if he takes the lead. Find out what his interests are so you can be inquisitive!!

Wishing you the best with this.

Ah this is great advice, thanks!
I am thinking if it's meant to be, he will txt me back and I was thinking cinema would be a perfect idea.
I will try not to have any high expectations because even if we do become friends and nothing more, that's fine by me!
I would love to talk to him again, but my intuition is telling me that I shouldn't....at least at this moment.
I remember praying to God and I got this feeling telling me I had to take things slow.
And that's what I am going to do.
In time, everything will be revealed, it's just not the right timing.

Thanks!