View Single Post
Old 24-06-2013, 04:23 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
It is real. I believe in telling the truth and trying to be a good person. I would not lie. Many times I have been awake. I am aware of what is going on around me. I have felt my inner self moving out of my body. Sometimes it is very fast. I keep travelling for quite a while....

What you described there mirrors my lucid dream experiences. They feel real (especially when I think that I might be astral traveling). I fly over cities. The main problem I have is I wake up too easily. If you can do it while you're awake, then it can't really be lucid dreaming though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylou
So what let's say you do this and you see a strange dog in your yard. Then you get up and look out the window and that dog is in the exact spot doing the exact thing you saw... Is this not something other than imagination?
Obviously thats evidence of a real psychic experience. Unless its a dog you know, and this dog is in your yard regularly, the statistical proability of this being a coincidence are such that it would be insane to believe these two events coincided by chance. If you can do this, then you can easily do the experiment I described. It doesn't have to be my house, it could be your next door neighbours.

You mentioned your experience with your bedroom door being closed. In astral project do you open the door with your hand, or do you have to walk through the door? As for the pain experience, this is really interesting. One of my main motivations for wanting astral projection to be real, is because it implies that we have a way out extremely harsh situations. For example, I'm not scared of dying, but the idea of being tortured disturbs me, if astral projection is real then maybe its possible to leave the body so that the person could escape this exceptionally harsh situation. Hundreds of Falun Dafa followers have been tortured to death by the Chinese communism party and plenty more are being tortured right now so they would certainly find this useful.

I know that I still feel pain and other physical sensations such as hunger, and the need to go to the toilet when I'm in lucid dreams, so I suppose a lack of these sensations would be a good way to tell the difference between dreaming and genuine astral projection.