View Single Post
Old 29-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciqala
... wouldn't feeling emotions and becoming immersed in the human reality, let us stray from our spiritual path?

what is the point, in celebrating emotions entwined with memories, and this life, when it really doesn't matter, as i will forget this life anyway, and if i ever live again, or if i ever do remember this life, it will not be sad?

I'm still trying to grasp if emotions are beneficial, I mean, I know emotions are significant to teach us things, to move forward, but i'm not sure about nostalgia.

Cigala... In a way there's no answer to "Why do we feel emotions." We just do. They are built-in to our psyche.

Since this is how we are made it can't be that emotions cause us to lose spiritual awareness, as spirit is the source of everything we are.

It's over-involvement in emotions, over-involvement with thinking and with our surface ego-identity that veil our awareness of our true nature.

By developing the ability to witness whatever we experience with a little detachment, we eventually realize emotions, thoughts and surface are just on the surface of my being... and I AM my inner self... my true being.

As we grow in inner awareness whatever happens doesn't take us away from it any more. Even sadness and nostalgia is just life going on, without problems or pain.

Xan