View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Master
Thanks for the replies, everyone. My first thought was death lol...I had not been doing well and my mom has cancer. Then the house phone rang and I did not answer...then thought oh gosh, maybe mom died??? there were no messages, so I didn't call their house. I've had my cell turned off. I read up on birds and windows. Most 'death' birds were black birds. My mom is highly superstituous to the point where she used to scare us to death to do anything, but my way of combating that was to walk into and through everyone one of her superstitions. Although she once said if a bird hits your window it's bad luck and one day a bird hit my windshield and not even a minute later a pin fell out of my gas pedal and the pedal stuck to the floor. That was hair raising for me and my friends lol.

As for getting out to nature, I do every day really and in fact, lately moreso. I've always noticed chickadees have 'followed' me around, which I always enjoyed. This year they built several nests in tree hollows and evergreens in my yard, which I was thrilled about. I sit on the deck and they perch next to me.

SG, that's a lovely thing you wrote, thanks. The ex is out and I'm still hauling his junk out and away, which is a very time consuming job especially when I have two jobs. Yesterday we cleared out his old computer area. I had already trashed one computer he left and now I got rid of his desk lol.

Thanks Sybilline, I didn't know that about the butterfly. When my daughter's boyfriend died, he always loved butterflies and moths and so my daughter had butterflies and moths covering her window at times, it was odd, but neat, and he loved the smell of rain and the day he passed, the temperature was in the high 90s, but her room was cool and smelled of rain. Also, she found a lead weight for fishing in her room, and when I walked passed the pond, the fish in it started to leap out of the water. I've experienced many things when people had died, but when he passed, he seemed to be giving me and my daughter and especially my daughter all sorts of signs. It was bittersweet. He was so good for her.

anyway, I looked up some stuff and it said birds fluttering against the windows and seeming to try to get in were signs of guardian angels watching over and to keep an eye out ...or be on guard. ...mostly a safety precaution.

Who knows. I just enjoyed the experience and was in awe really, just so long as it wasn't bringing some bad news lol.