View Single Post
Old 28-02-2019, 01:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Hi GL

Let’s put aside what you think I implied and deal with the question.

I said: “Life is simply happening on its own - no one is doing it… IT is doing you.”

You say: I asked you what the relationship was between what you are and what is life. I asked you if life is what you are?

The answer (putting it as simplistic as possible) is:

Life (or Source or Reality or, if you like, Self [big ’S’]) is ultimately the doer, instigator, thinker, understander and so on.

The ‘you’ that IT is doing is what is sometimes known as the ‘conventional self’ which is roughly synonymous with the body-mind-matrix - which as I’ve explained several times is not an entity - it’s closer to an activity - an activity OF Source.

So we could say that Life/Source is like the ocean and the BMM is like a wave. In a sense there is no wave there is just the ocean waving.

So the relationship is like the ocean and a wave. And back to the original point - a wave is not a fixed, immutable, separate entity - a wave is not a separate self.

Now, that IS an answer to your questions.

——————

Now I have a question for you in order that I can understand where you are coming from:

Do you believe in personal continuity after death? i.e. do any traits, characteristics, memories etc. survive death.

OR

Do you just believe that non-personal Life/existence is eternal?

Thanks.

Hi M.D.

So life is what you are? Lets be clear here.

Lets take this one step at a time because I have maintained there is only what you are have I not?.

If you say 'life' is what you/we are then I can work with this or your other chosen words.

I have maintained that this conventional self that you speak of doesn't exist on it's own merit, there is just what you are thinking it is this through a level of conceptual identification. You agree with this by saying this conventional self is not an entity as such. The 'entity' is present however in the presence of what you are that becomes consciously awareness of itself. This is why for those that suggest there is no 'me' identified in life's doing is incorrect. It is true that what you are is beyond the mind-body-self-awareness but that isn't what is happening now while you read my post is it.

There is no engaging / functioning in life without a sense of self identification no matter what the thought of it is.

It's how me make sense of what we are and what tea is, it's how monkeys know what banana's are.

Now in regards to I am not the body and such likes we need to now relate this life 'or what you are' with the body and tell me how the body is not what you are.

I also need to know if there is only that or something else other than that.

This is why there is a lot of confusion relating to things not being me or or mine, for who/m or what else is there, is what I have been constantly asking.

If you concur that there is only Self /Life /Source then there cannot be anything other than that.

The neti neti approach is therefore flawed is it not for everything is what you are no matter what you think it is.

This is the crux of it all, mixing up what you are beyond self-awareness with what you are that isn't.

To answer your question, yes there can be a personal reflection after physical death ..

One can however realize what you are in the world of spirit and simply be in the Source energy.

There is no 'you' there are no thought's of you or tea .. but this is temporary just as Self realization of the earth plane is.

This is why I say with conviction that there has to be a self identification and a sense of what that is while you are of this world.

To strive for non self is fine in one respect, but there will be no non self experience had while you are aware of this world.

If there are individuals that want to engage in life in some kinda non self state while making tea then they will be disappointed I am sure of it.

x daz x