View Single Post
Old 20-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I find this more interesting. That a person would put themselves on the line (knowing the fallout).

Like you say, especially those that have given him money. No wait, why would you give money to him when it's all over today? What would he want money for? Am I missing something? Has he been around for years?

I tend to come into these threads because I am slightly fascinated as to why one of us (the human race) does this kind of thing. It's so 'out there' and exposed. I wonder if they are not totally rational. Mentally. And don't really appreciate or understand the side effects of being wrong.

I guess they either thought they wouldn't need the money, or felt it was their duty to help spread the word. It's interesting that Camping has made two predictions in his life. The first one did not come true. The second one is pending. Yet, people believe that he will be right this time.

Why do they follow it you ask? Because they want to, or even need to. They want to believe that such a place as their "heaven" exists and they want to get there. They see this life as being so hard, or cruel, that they want to get out of it anyway possible, and only know of this way. They only have one concept of "heaven" and know there is only one way into it. So they put all their hope into this actually happening.