View Single Post
Old 24-08-2018, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.

I do note a certain degree of sarcasm in that post, but in a way I agree with you.

Maybe it is just me, but I don't understand how a "virtual Guru" is supposed to work. How much "Shaktipat" can be transmitted online anyway? Wouldn't it be akin to giving a "hug emoji" over the real thing? Doesn't being in the presence of a Master require being in the actual presence of a Master? or am I missing something here?

No disrespect is intended to anybody by this, but I simply do not understand.

As for finding a Guru online, I don't know...There are a lot of teachers that I really like...that I resonate with...Igor Kufayev, Craig Holliday, Peter Marchand, Sadguru etc, but I cannot say that any of them does it for me on a deep soul level...enough to choose them as my Guru.

I have also had great Gurus in the past, including Swami Satyananda, Swami Chidananda and Harish Johari...but nothing contemporary really compares to them...and if I had a choice...All of the Gurus I would have chosen died about 500 years ago... whether I observe death as being only a temporary inconvenience remains to be seen.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Surrender your senses into your own mind,
not into the mind of another person.
Surrender your mind into your own intelligence,
not to a man, woman, or institution.
Surrender your intelligence into pure consciousness,
not to the consciousness of another human.
Surrender everything you think you are into the
pure inner light of guru within,
not a self-proclaimed guru without.
(Swami Jnaneshvara)