View Single Post
Old 03-11-2017, 03:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snashty
In regards to spirituality, what do they mean/symbolize? Specifically in regards to people, their relationships, and souls/spirits. I've looked online and it all seems kind of vague. Even a point in the right direction would help (i.e. where to research.)

Anything else about sun moon symbolism is appreciated.
Namaste.

The symbolism of sun and moon in esoteric Hinduism, is what we term "Ha" and "Tha" respectively as in "Hatha Yoga" (the yoga or union of opposite energies).

The sun represents the solar pathways within the body, as represented by the Pingala Nadi (Solar nerve) or the heating aspects of pranic vibrations, while the moon represents the lunar pathways, or the Ida Nadi (Lunar nerve) as it corresponds to the cooling aspects within the body...both must be in balance (Shushumna - middle pillar) for complete awakening and proper ascention to occur.

The sun represents Surya...it is the essence of the chi which flows through the right nostril, while the moon represents Soma...the cooling chi nectar which flows through the left nostril.

The associated deities are either Agni or Hiranyagharbaya/Savituh (sun) and Rudra/Shiva (Chandrashekara) as the moon.

I hope this helps you out.