View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Deactivated Account
Sorry for my late reply here, I've been too busy with life. But I want to thank everyone genuinely for sharing your views, although I'm still fearful of it in the back of my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Many of the people who've had NDEs and became Christian afterward tell that they were self absorbed and materialistic before, some had attempted suicide. That's why I find the silver thread a rational idea. What you believe/practice will still have an effect on your experience because the ego is still intact. It doesn't matter what you believe (or don't believe), it's how you treat others in how you live your life. And no one is condemned to eternal punishment for failing because you'll learn very soon after you've left this life what's important, just as those who've returned after having had a NDE have, whether they choose to join a religion or not.

And then...how about me? I was raised Christian, over time completely rejected it and became an atheist believing when you die that's the end of you. When I was a Christian, I was a sincere Christian. After I became atheist, I was still a good person, in that I wasn't materialistic and tried to treat everyone as I'd want to be treated, and sorry when I failed (still follow those, more than ever). When I had my NDE, it was completely wonderful. I saw no hell, no punishment. What I did see/learn is that unconditional love is the most important thing there is. Religion, any religion (or lack of it), means nothing when the Golden Rule is breached.

That's pretty interesting... You made some fair points for me to take into consideration, especially if you were a former Christian. But the question also goes if there is no hell, then what exactly are demons and where do they come from? Since they obviously don't reside in heaven, doesn't that mean there also has to be some sort of hell in the afterlife?