View Single Post
Old 21-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Master
Please Explain This To Me

I honestly don't know what to think about this whole 'affirmation' business.

If people could get rich just by affirming it, why isn't everybody rich already?

If an employee - we shall call him Tony, affirms for months; "my boss is going to give me a raise soon" and sees himself receiving more money...buying a new car...whatever and Tony's boss affirms "Tony is a lazy employee, he should be fired - I'll never give him more money" then whose affirmation will work here?

What if there's one position of employment and a hundred applicants all affirming and saying positive mantras that they will 'get the job'...whose affirmation will trump all others affirming the same thing?

My mother wanted to take me out to the club for dinner on her birthday...for months she has been planning it, saying every day to everybody "my daughter is going to take me out for dinner on my birthday" and when the day comes, I'm struck down with the flu and cannot oblige...and she goes; "how can this possibly BE? I thought I created my own reality here".

I'm sure a starving Ethiopian affirms they will get food soon...can think of nothing else because they are starving and yet, they die hungry.

I just don't get it.