View Single Post
Old 24-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Suspended

I don't think there is such a thing as a perfect human. Well it exists as an idea in most religions but then religion needs such "perfect" icons to exist. I don't think religions could become popular if the founder/leader was said to be an average everyday normal person with flaws they needed to work on. Like yea, most of his teachings are good and he tried, but he sure messed up sometimes. Let's worship and pray to him and make statues of him. Seems to me people want images of "perfect" beings to follow. So then it's like, yea he got angry, but it was somehow ok and not like when me or you get angry, or it's ok he got angry because we already know he is perfect!

I don't think the average person can wrap their head around the idea the founders of these religions were humans with flaws and still needed to get better or improve things about themselves. Maybe it's because people are basically lazy and like the idea of being done with "school." Learning for eternity does not appeal to people. So we have these religious or spiritual icons or symbols who have arrived at perfection and are done learning. Then people follow or worship these symbolic human beings.