View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 03:10 PM
Master
Hey Michelle, thank you, yes I do agree. I noticed last week that whenever something changes, I get really antsy about it and reject it straight away; I noticed this is how my mum was when I was younger, and I realised I don't want to be like that and I want to embrace changes or at least make my own mind up about them when they arise. So I see what you mean about the black mirror representing looking at the negative side of things, negative thinking and seeing self negatively. I am doing my best to see myself more positively, I feel much better after loosing 2.5 stone, but I still see myself negatively as an initial response. When I was staring at my face in the mirror the other day as I realised I always turn away, my face changed to what I perceived as an unloved part of myself which looked depraved of love, so I sent lots of love and I felt better. I also realise I wind myself up and become obsessive about details etc when I just need to sit back and work with what I have instead of what I want. So yes, I definitely do understand your point of the black mirror being a representation of negativity.

Also, I really resonate with what you say about anger, my initial response to anything that is against what I believe is anger, most of the time unless I'm in a good frame of mind, and this is how my step dad reacts. Ive been working on being patient and taking things for what they are instead of resisting or being angry and causing myself more suffering. Also my mum picks at things and always has to find something to keep her busy, I found myself doing this even though I am a chilled person, I can see how by doing those actions, I am choosing the black mirror, but to choose to meditate or do what is in line with myself and what Is positive for me, would be the sparkly mirror.So I see what you mean. Making positive choices will allow my life to be smoother as it is, as opposed to choosing negative and causing resistance.

Part of me enjoys smoking, I want to give up to save money and for my health, but mentally, I still want it. And this is probably why, because my mind is what is thinking negatively, thank you for sharing Michelle this really helps me!