View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Master
Quote:
You can't know God until you conquer your own image of him.

Or you just realise 'He' goes way beyond your own image of 'Him' whilst still being totally aware of that image. ;)

This is called 'qualified non-dualism' or bedha-abheda.

God isn't restricted to conceptual thought, but the way we perceive God is only a small facet of 'His' representation.

It's no different to one person 'knowing' another, but that does not mean the other person ceases to exist because they cannot fully be 'known'.

Budh in Sanskrit simply means 'intellect' or 'mindstuff' it does not mean to awaken. Awakening does not require any intellect whatsoever.

There are those who will negate (neti neti) and those who will include (iti iti). I used to belong to the former camp, but now I belong to the latter...and yet I shall still continue to worship the saguna aspect of a formless being because that's how all the love is felt when identity resolves to include everything beyond self.

...and I'm also Tantric.