View Single Post
Old 17-09-2017, 04:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Some mistakes a fatal. There are some climatologist who believe we have already past the humanity-will-survive limit of PPMillion greenhouse gases.

The human party will come to and end on Earth, question is, when and how much sufferring along the way?

Then are those who only see the end coming and party on even harder. Or so I presume.

The responsible person accepts the facts, remains faces the resultant fears and become a stronger and hopefully calm person in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

Often times we and the individual know who those people are that will be able to handle those tough situations.
Yes we live in a golden age of fossil resource consumption--- ex uranimum minning ---. That is dead end pathway for humanity and the environment that sustains us.

Solar was just beginng to become used in early 1900's before pertroleum boomed in Saudi Arabia.

Sticking head in hole-n-ground--- butt forward evolution ---to negative scenarios is not the mind/intellect forward evolutionary approach fro human survival.

The future is not bright with head-n-hole in ground. Those who think so are in denial of facts, truths and those scenarios for potential demise of humans and the enviroement that sustains them.

They are like naive golden age teenagers throwing a golden age party, that has some problems occur while the parents are away for a few days.

The parents come home and the teenagers and parents are now both accountable/responsible for a party that gotten out of hand.

I live through the Cuban missile crisis{ 60's }, surge of nuclear power{ 70's }, race to nuclear doomsday{ 80's }, resurgence of nuclear power{ 2000's } and now those of us who are responsible adults, know that there is no gurranttee's that humanity is going to past test to continue their existence here on Earth.

Even tho former Soviet-Union and U.S. have cut back in 90's - 2000's, other countries have been increasing their stock piles.

I it is nice to think positively but it is ignorance to not consider, and consciously acknowledge and approach the problems and potential globally devastating scenarios. imho

Does humanity feel lucky? How long will luck Last>

Ocean temperatures are rising.

Party on even harder because the end is near?

I've been married 35 years but still go to parties and always have fun and dance lots once I'm there.

So what's a solution? For instance I appreiate what you're saying but give me some answers if you will. What solutions are there to take and see. The idea that in the 1900's solar was beginning to be used. Of course it was, it was technology, nothing more, people didn't start using it to save the planet. Fossle fuel became the technology and we didn't know what would happen. We probably saw it as a marvelous and great leap to humankind and civilization. It was good. I find it somewhat strange we know exactely some of what you have said, but...... The earth will balance itself. It is too bad we did not have this knowledge early on and hopefully we will not make the same mistakes ever again since they will be recorded now and part of our collective history. Spiritually this appears to be the first time we have been here if you think about it. But we need solutions, things to do. But advancements in new technology will change old technology, and the thought is we will save ourselves. The feeling is we will create technology that will fix things. It may work out as said and it may not. One of the solutions is there must a compromise. The eco industry is growing and the technology must be impoved for it to be accepted. Right now it is very expensive to do what you want done. If a product was made by eco standard and cost $50 and another made by others standards cost $10, which would you support. We even granted waivers to it politically now is that the way. I think one of the things that should be done is to begin to speak in language that people can relate to. We must also approach this with answers. Anger and shouting is not an asnwer, it never is. I think we have to integarate positive in negative which is not being done. Still I think we have to become more spiritual and what that means, what we actaully see here.

For instance, it was brought up what can be done by petition for instance or starting one. And one is never enough, let's go for 20. How many have done this at such a level, probably not many compared to the number of people seeing a problem. I'm not sure. I think we need to become solution oriented. Is money a factor for instance. What are some of the factors that are within because we know what you say will likely happen. It may be our karma. imo people are going to have to become more involve and yes, handle another problem. How much free time do we really have, little. Come together as one. I think it wise to begin talking to specifics arguements other have instead of talking at them. I kinda see we talk at each other not to each other. Talking at each other is simple, talking to each other...