View Single Post
Old 23-09-2016, 04:44 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
I remember in school, one girl bullied me horribly and I sat there and took it every freaking day.
I never took it, but it never really bothered me either. I handled it by angrily arguing with them. For instance, I was as naive as a kid in a 60s sitcom in 5th grade. My classmates would make fun of me because I didn't know what the obscenities were that they were using. I would always get mad and tell them, "Hey! There was a time when you didn't know what those words meant either! Someone had to tell you about them before you knew! I just moved here, and no one said that stuff where I used to live, so you can't blame me!" They just laughed anyway, so I went on eating my lunch and ignored them. They never got me down, because I could tell that they were fun-loving kids, not malicious kids. And they were nice to me many times, too.

Quote:
And she would also bully this guy in class who was also very quiet...so one day she decided to make me and that guy the butt of her jokes and while I didn't enjoy it, my heart broke for the guy. He never said a word. Kind of reminded me of Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird (my favorite movie)...well, I turned around in my seat and I weighed maybe 90 pounds if that at the time...8th grade I think...and she's laughing hahahaha, because she's the star of this show and I popped her so hard in the mouth (and she wasn't a small girl) and she flew backwards and her chair went out from under her. Dead silence...all her friends stopped laughing and she never, ever said a word to me again. Left me and "boo" alone completely after that.
Ha! I can easily visualize that scene by the way you wrote it.

Quote:
And what's a crystal child? My gosh I never heard of these terms. lol
I know. The names are so ridiculously cutesy that they are probably off-putting to many people who might otherwise take a look. The names make the subjects seem like juvenile science fiction. I'm not partial to that particular name either.