View Single Post
Old 18-04-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
whoguy,

i got a question.

imagine a still pond of water. Then let there be an observer that throws pebble one at time in the pond. These pebbles will create ripples that will constantly create destructive and constructive interference. Note that as long as there are ripples, there is no final state for these resultant waves because it is constantly changing.

Now the observer decided to look for a standting wave, how would he do that?

According to quantum de-coherence... the consciousness of the observer would actually cause the waves to all snap into one place which would result in showing the exact location of where the pebble entered the pond.

The pebbles would be the equivalent of an electron being fired one after the other at say... a tiny tiny dart board.... without looking at the dart board... it would just be statistical probabilities or where it would hit the dart board. You could model these probabilities as waves and interference patterns. E.g. single slit experiment.

I'm not sure what you really mean by looking for a standing wave? To me, I'd interpret this as the target pattern created by the pebbles over time.

Is this okay Hybrid?