Thread: Adhd
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by trappedinabody

i feel attacked because you are making it seem like i am promoting violence, which i am not whatsoever. i would never beat a child, nor spank hard enough to leave a mark, nor continue spanking when it is obviously having no effect.
and i do not mind you, i dont see how i suggested i was against you at all...

you said i was attacking you. one would think that you would mind that and feel i was against you.

problem there is children with adhd DONT only act up after a meal or a drink, if that were true you would be absolutely correct. we are talking about children here, this could be a problem that is just beginning to arise so that fact that you live with them 24/7 is irrelevant imo.

i haven't only mentioned food and in my opinion no child hyper-reacts constantly for no reason and the reason can always be found. just the washing powder residu on someones clothes is enough for me.

im sorry you feel that way. i personally would not shout at my children, THAT would be what causes emotional damage. as for spanking in general causing that kind of damage... as i said before if it obviously is not helping then it should be discontinued and things you suggested should be considered.

i just dont understand how you would so immediately know your child has adhd when they start acting up.

well i wouldn't get hung up on labels at all. additivers are bad period for everyone, so are pesticides.
possible adhd symptoms begin at some point, you begin giving your childs bottom a lil smack when they act up to a certain extent, a month or so goes by and the tantrums seem to be getting worse, the lil smacks obviously are having no effect, this child may have adhd, this is where your suggestions come in.
but to immediately decide this child may have adhd when they act up and go to the extent of changing diet and all does not seem so necessary to me.

why do you suggest that i view any tantrum as immediately suggesting a child has adhd? i don't think i've implied this. adhd aside i feel that hitting can always be avoided, i've said as much

so have you any info on natural remedies for adhd?

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."