View Single Post
Old 04-06-2019, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfnj2019
None of actually dies because what makes us who we are lives on other people. Nobody invented sex yet it is essential to the human condition. The same is true with every aspect of human character we delude ourselves in thinking is somehow unique and lives on after death. Every aspect of who we are lives on in other people. Thinking we are some unique ego going to live after death is pure delusion.

Once you accept your ego is pure delusion you will die and be reborn to a more expanded way of experiencing humanity. You no longer feel compelled to make a mark or have feelings of regrets. Someone will eventually achieve whatever it is you hold dear and meaningful. So each of us lives on in other people's accomplishments.
In the physical sense, I like to think that we "live on" in other people's memories and not in their accomplishments.

Of course, I can see your point, in that we cannot take our "ego" with us and that pure awareness is the only thing which survives death of the physical body.

I have seen the word "delusion" being bandied about a lot lately...usually with other words like "disinformation" and although I don't really care, I cannot help the wry smile which plays about my lips.

If a person is truly 'deluded', it usually takes a qualified psychiatrist to make that diagnosis...not some 'random' on the internet (no offense) and in any case, we can say "oh no, YOU are the deluded one!" and the other will say "no, YOU" and we can continue playing that game, as long as we can type those words...