View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 06:01 PM
Master
That's interesting Lucky.. yeah it makes me very sad to see color dyed crystals, and I did pick some up when I was new on my crystal journey. not even sure I'd want to give them away to someone.. but I am sure I will find a use for them because I do like pretty things even if they are made out of plastic or other fake materials sometimes.. so I try to appreciate that the crystals or natural objects are now in this modified state and love them anyways, but it just hurts a little lol

for me besides the atrocity that this fake or artificial conditioning was done to the natural objects, the toxicity of the dyes used is what upsets me the most. and I feel that can't be good or fair to the crystals. I do agree with FairyCrystal that color therapy is healing and powerful, but we don't need that done to crystals to benefit from color therapy so it's really senseless. As for heat treating, it's a shame it's a lot more commonplace than we think.. it's hard to know how best to avoid any adulterations to crystals and of course trusting a supplier is tough enough to begin with. I don't think that we can compare the Earth's irradiation and heat treating to man doing it himself.. We have to be careful how much we think we can play God or achieve the same results, on all levels molecularly and energetically and so on because it just isn't comparable.
I mean this subject also reminds me of those orgone pyramids and stuff. I'm almost interested in trying to make some of those some day, but the fact that the crystals become encased in poly resin and other synthetic ingredients are used in them, it just doesn't seem worth it no matter how profound the potential energy coming from them can be. suffocating crystals in plastics and dyes and such just doesn't seem right