View Single Post
Old 13-06-2016, 12:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Buddha must have been brought up with Hindu beliefs, but he turned Hindu wisdom on it's head and stated there was no self, only a false self. I Believe there is an Atman Self/Higher Self/Soul, and I've been thinking about this versus the Buddha's no self, and wondering how does a belief in a Higher Self or No self affect other people's approaches to spirituality. There must be quite a difference, considering the two beliefs are polar opposites, I'd love to hear how this particular aspect of belief has affected you.
I have been at each polar opposite and there's no end to 'polar opposite'...like when Lord Brahma and Lord Vishnu tried to find the ends of Jyotir Lingam.

I have been Buddhist and Hindu Advaita, also following the path of Non-Dualism, but concluded Duality must fall within. It wasn't that one had the choice to either be 'self' or 'non-self' - the choice didn't exist. Free will theory fell flat.

However, even qualified non-dualism didn't come close to it in terms of when duality is seen in a dual sense it becomes the absolute - my path of Tantra.

At first I was struggling with the whole concept of 'loving myself AS God' and not 'loving God' and that's how this particular belief has affected me, but I realised that in the whole nature of things one can be both 'self' and 'non self' simultaneously and that's when one can fully experience the whole relationship with spirit/god as being 'not god' and 'not ego'. It's called Bedha-abheda.

Yeah, confusing, I know. lol

Put me down as "Hindu Soul'. LOL