View Single Post
Old 07-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I had an "uncomfortable" experience with astral travel.

I experienced the whole silver cord phenomenon and everything (before I had ever even learned about that).

I was completely awake--I was definitely not asleep.

It was as if I was in two bodies at once. While in my "astral" body, I could still feel the sensations of my heartbeat in my physical body. But I had definitely crossed over into something else.

The sensation was very unwieldy. I experienced the travel twice in one night. I wanted to see if my experience would be different in my second travel, but it was not.

In that astral state, I completely lost my sense of self. I was a being, but all my earthly characteristics had fallen away and it was as if I was this amorphous blob of somethingness, yet nothingness...if that makes any sense. It was a very scary feeling and in both travels, I desperately wanted to get back inside my own body.

I'm not sharing this story to scare anyone...that was just my experience. In that astral state, everything that had made me "me" was totally gone and it really scared me.

Although I've tried multiple times since then, I have not been able to astral travel again. It was only twice in that one night.