View Single Post
Old 14-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny shine
Greenslade thank you for the reply; you answer seem to fit my question of why we are reincarnating. But I also have another question on how do we know what lessons we need to learn, if i have a fight should i understand that my learning should be to excercise patience, stand up for my rights or learn to be aggressive or learn to given in and be compassionate, what is the lesson? so i know what qualities i need to develope. how do i know this? even if i acted in a certain expected way that would complete my learning, how do i know if i did?

You're very welcome.

The first lesson would be to let go of the idea of lessons. However you choose to act/react to any given situation is about I Am. I Am someone who feels the need to fight or not, to defend my beliefs or not, to have compassion or not. The experience would be whatever you experience as a part of that process. The expected way isn't the way, if you act the expected way then where is the lesson in that? All you have leaned is how to be like someone else. If you give aggression to the situation then you have experienced what it means to be the aggressor, same with compassion or if you run from it. True understanding doesn't come from lessons, it comes from experience.

Imagine I'm an alien that has never been to earth before. Now help me understand what an orange is. How would you begin? How difficult do you think that is? Now supposing you gave me an orange into my three-digit hand and said "That's an orange". Don't you think that by experiencing the shape, colour and taste it would give me a better understanding?