Thread: Telepathic TF
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2018, 05:38 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I took time out to look this up and there seems nothing in the chemistry of neurons to support that. If you have a reference or knowledge of the actual chemistry I'd love to hear it as it's a subject that's started to interest me of late. Very much to do with spirituality. (Neuroscience doesn't have all the answers by any means but it does have a few.)

You see, when you say a photoreceptor is capable of producing light, ie it has a means of creating light, it's difficult to work out how since the chemistry doesn't seem there. (This isn't to say that the eye alone has photoreceptors - my biological knowledge isn't great but it seems superficially evident that the skin is sensitive to light so there's action there. The recptors turn external phenomena into chemical/neural action not generate the stimulus - so it would seem.

The other point is why would neurons beyond sense receptors need to generate light? Their don't need to. The communicative action is electrical, the chemistry is known and the timings are well known. Billions of hours of research have gone into this. However, there's probably much they don't know and...well, telepathy is one of them.

To me it's an interesting subject, probably bores the knickers of everyone else here but I do think it holds some of the answers (like, for example, empathy and why some people are more empathetic than others). I've had to change my views lately, admit I was wrong about brains acting in isolation. Eureka! They don't.

I misspoke - photoreceptor was the wrong word. The word they're using to describe it is biophotons. I'm not allowed to post a link as I'm still new, but I will PM you an article I found on this.

Adding to the discussion, I received an e-mail this morning introducing me to the concept of a "False Twin." I contacted my TF spirit and watched a video explaining it with her, and out of the 5 signs of a false twin they mentioned (1. Something feels "off" in the heart, 2. No chemistry, 3. No attraction (not necessarily romantic), 4. You're still trying to figure it out, 5. There's no feeling of home), the only one that resonated with me (but not her) was that I'm "still trying to figure it out," like it should just be a certainty from the first moment we met. I think, however, that my doubts are mind- and fear-based. It is not a feeling coming from my heart - in there, I'm certain. It is interesting however that, having not made that all-important eye-contact yet, this seems to be the one piece of the experience that hasn't "clicked on" - but this could instead be a failing on my part as I might be blocking part of the connection waiting for some milestone to be crossed.