View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
i said what i said because apparently, there is a type of knowledge which is considered (by way of 'social norms') to be so foolish as to be immediately dismissed by anyone who hears it, and yet may in the end be the most powerful thing one can attain.

In that kind of environment, one who learns simply isn't going to be able to teach.

Also, AFAICT not everyone is currently 'ready' even for enlightenment. And there is some doubt in my mind as to whether 'everyone' would even like it. Maybe a lot of people are like me and would like to do without all this drama, and just lead normal, uneventful lives where people weren't asking us to be who and what we aren't all day every day.

1) If the teaching explicitly or implicitly states that one has to change ones present western materialistic life, e.g. meditate for 3 hours a day, become vegetarian if not vegan, etc before one can even hope for any movement in spiritual terms then people are not prepared to listen.
2) If people are not prepared to listen then they cannot be taught

Therefore one has to look at the message and that is often a confused and irrational one. It is up to the teacher to give explanations which are clear and make sense to ordinary people.
There are paradoxes, easily resolved, but instead of doing that they are used to score points from one followers while losing the ones who cannot make sense of it, through no fault of their own.