View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Congratulations on doing EMDR and Neurofeedback! I've heard of people getting very good results with that combination. I can't afford NF right now but I do a type of yoga that adusts the brain to become more normal and have notice quite a bit of change from doing it after a year or so now. I do EMDR with a therapist and it does seem to process trauma effectively. I've made alot of progress since I started it only about 4 or 5 months ago. I'm so glad I started getting help from a professional trauma therapist. It wasn't feasable for me but I was so motivated to get better that I found a way. I think it's important to find a licensed therapist that has lots of experience in treating trauma and uses the newer methods like EMDR, Somatic Experiencing, IFS, etc.
I really appreciate your encouraging words. Glad to hear you are making progress too with the same issues. Very strange and somehow reassuring to hear someone else talking about the same experiences too. Never thought I would see that.

The yoga sounds interesting. What is the yoga called? Maybe I'll be able to borrow a few moves and shift things. I tried yoga and meditation in the past. Though I have never been able to create a stable practice I sometimes find it useful to try new things to make shifts as needed.

Quote:
... Also I hear these trauma treatments are not just for individuals, there's research being done now that show they can't be applied to whole societies. I'd like to be a part of that research some day.
Funny you should mention that. I got a strong sense during the NF treatment that there was much more happening than just my own personal healing and it seemed like some broad effect beyond just the individuals they treat. I did not mention that to the NF people as I am sure they would not know what I was talking about. :)