View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mArIya
Tena Koe Ahiyah

Safety anywhere in the world when traveling alone is important and should be a priority. My eldest daughter traveled to Europe , USA and UK recently and I was so worried - but she reminded me she wasn't silly either :) She had a great time and came to no harm , made good choices and I am very proud of her and HAPPY she came home safely! We probably need to keep this in mind no matter which country we travel to. I appreciate your honesty in regards to traveling safely in NZ too.

Lol - yes we still call each other cuzzies over here - Kiwis don't change much when living over here I've found - especially the ones raised in NZ. It's a nice touch of home when your passing another Kiwi or Maori in the street here - in Perth - there is always acknowledgment of one another. Whanau! :) gotta love it.
Atamarie mArIya,
Nga mihinui ki a koe. Kore au te mohio ki taku reo. As they use to say, "it is already in you it just needs watering. I will be heading back to my Papa Kainga to immerse myself in the Taonga o te reo. On my journey thus far I've found that Hebrew has at most times the same sentence structure as te reo Maori which would be the same as all our island cuzzy bros. interesting fact, I was reading up on TaneNuiARangi and came across the words "Te Tihi o Manono. It didn't mean much to me until I remembered a Samoa friend/bro saying he's from an island called Manono in the Samoa group of islands. I believe we have a strong connection of old with them. As you would know Maori call north Te tai Tokerau and south they call te tai Tonga, if we look where Samoa(Niue included) that north of Samoa is Tokelau and south of Samoa(Niue included) is Tonga and Tonga also means south in all our languages. I like to think its more than a coincidence.
We(Maori) have come a long way since the days of the mindset 'Kids should be seen and not heard' gone are the days when Mama use to say to us "go and get a stick" and Maori boy returns with twig.lol some people just don't know how infuriating a simple twig can be.lol. I'm glad the Rangatahi take the initiative to venture into the world chalking up life experiences. In this day and age we raise them to be leaders with Kotahitanga being of the upmost importance.
In respect to sight seeing over here most tourists head to the South Island and I know from one of my PapaKainga we have a road called "The million dollar view rd" that's not its actual name. It overlooks Matauri bay and the ocean. I could also say that the Coromandel(another place of resting bones) has some good fishing/touring spots. Rotorua and surrounding areas is another tourist destination and then there's the beautiful East Coast.
It's funny we don't hear the sayings "go on ow" or "not even ow" as much as we use to, but the Rangatahi and I when we get into mocking sessions of our own we get our inspiration from Once were warriors. "You'll be back" and "do you value your teeth?"or "cha bro you got some big muscles, where did you get your muscles from?" too funny. Yeah Nah we still have the odd churr going around. Since my better half has Niue blood it can get a bit fobby too. Generally speaking Niue people are quite placid so Ive noticed.
I've taken up enough of your time my Sis and I gotta get to my daily man job ie dishes,laundry, vacuuming, cooking eggs etc.lol. May the Taonga of our Tupuna/Tipuna be evident in your voice and deeds that brings about Kotahitanga with all people in the Whanau Aroha.:)