View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 10:42 PM
Pathfinder

My childhood acquaintance Gordon is now a chaplain. He shared this story with me about an elderly nursing home resident named Annie. During Gord's visit with Annie, he noticed a bottle of lilac cologne on a little table by her bed. He asked her if she would like an application and Annie smiled brightly and said, "Yes." Gord got a female attendant to apply the cologne. Annie smiled enjoying the scent, looked up and passed away. What a way to go!

At the same time, Annie's daughter and her husband were in a barn miles away. The barn smelled of livestock and cattle faces and urine, but the daughter suddenly said to her husband, "Do you smell that? It smells like lilac cologne." Her husband replied, "Yes, I smelled it too, but I didn't want to say anything because it seems so odd."

Imagine her surprise and delight when, alerted to Annie's passing, the daughter heard Gord's account of the application of the lilac cologne. No one knows who put the cologne bottle there. Odors are a common way our deceased loved ones communicate with us.