View Single Post
Old 21-08-2006, 12:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickmellor33
i have a fear about me dying and never seeing my family and friends and also its a fear of me dying and not being here again i had these problems when i was very young but they have come back as ive got older its becoming a real problem...for me and my family as it makes me very irratable
nickmellor33, I agree with lumas....and whatsimigig's comment about finding her spiritual side. It's much easier to deal with the concept of death once you're at peace with your spiritual beliefs. I wouldn't WANT to die any time soon, but I know that if I did it was for 'good reason.' There's a lesson in each change in our lives and accepting that notion can shift our perspective on a lot of things....no matter how difficult it is at the time or how much it scares us. Nothing happens by chance, there's a reason for everything. Even your fear of dying is with you to help you learn something. You may very well be here, on this forum, to learn what you need to help you cope with that fear. I'd wager to say that this is a good step toward truly exploring and solidifying your spiritual beliefs.